August 21, 2008

Blog Title/Homeschool Name

So I thought I would post how I came up with my blog title/school name. We had been thinking about homeschooling for over a year and we didnt talk about it with family until we decided for sure what we were going to do. When we decided this was what God was leading us to do my dad had become really sick. At the time I felt he was just too sick to talk about this with him. And months later the Lord took my dad home. So now, it was time to decide on a school name. I told Bryan since I never got to talk about homeschooling with my dad I wanted him to be included in our decision somewhere, so we decided when we named our school we would somehow include him in that. We went through many names, Faith, Grace, etc. One day we were sitting around just saying names and Bryan said Echoes of Love Academy. I immediately said that was it. My dad had so much love for God and his family that everyone seen it. My dad loved us unconditionally, no matter what we did or what happened he loved us.
One thing I remember about daddy is no matter what the situation or how bad things were he would always say "you know what we need to do, we need to pray" and he would get on his knees with us and pray. He had a tradition on Christmas Eve when we would go to his house before anything else he always read us the Christmas story out of the Bible.
He loved God and even during his sickness he always said "it was ok, God is going to take care of me" and "God is good". Daddy never questioned God why this was happening to him, but I did. He would often times say "I am more worried about yall than I am myself because I will be fine". My dad had an impact on my life that I will never forget. I love him and I miss him but I know he is better now, no more sickness.

No comments: