August 21, 2008

Our First Week

I thought I would tell about our first week of school. So far things have been good. Right now we are still learning curriculum and trying to figure out what is going to work for us.

I have started our mornings with a 5 minute warm up for Bryanna, it might be simple math, crossword puzzle, journal, etc. I think she is enjoying this, she even asked one morning if we were going to do the warm up. I was so excited to hear that question. From there we get into our work for the day. Math right now is a lot of reviewing, History we are learning about Christopher Columbus and the discovery of America, Science we are learning about plants, Bible we are working on The World God Created and God's Love to People, we have read a chapter of Little House on the Prairie about every day and we are just getting into Language Arts.


Bryanna is doing her math worksheet.

For B.W. we worked with BFIAR and read the book " Ask Mr. Bear" and did some activites that went along with the story like make a birthday hat for our craft, acted out animals,etc. I also let him cut paper with scissors, amazingly this occupied him for about 30 minutes. He loves to do hands on things and he really gets involved with what he is doing. I have not started a lot with him yet but I plan on starting ABC's and 123's in September.


B.W. is at his little table making his birthday hat.

No comments: